Thursday, February 4, 2010

I miss you Mom

Today is the 11th anniversary of my Mom passing away and the 13th of her Mom (my Grandma) passing away. I can't believe it has been that long. Sometimes it feels like it was just yesterday. I miss her dearly, especially since Easton came along. She would have just adored him and I am pretty sure he would have felt the same way too! :)

A few months ago Easton and I were laying in bed chatting and he quietly asked me where my Mommy was...I told him she had died and that she was in Heaven. He just reached over hugged me and said "I am sorry Mommy"...that was it. So profound for a then 3 year old.

Mom, I miss you so much and would not be the woman I am today without your example. You were so loving and kind to everyone, friend or stranger. Once someone became your friend, you were a friend for life. You were a nurturer to those who needed it and cracked the whip to help keep us in line. You taught me to respect others, be polite and to be honest. Now that you are gone I know so much more about your life and the sacrifices you made for us. You never let it be about you, and even the 2 years you battled your cancer, you did it without complaining or "why me?" Your strength and self sacrifice have continued to blow my mind. If I could be HALF the woman you were.

I love you and look forward to the day we are reunited...not yet though. I have much unfinished business here on earth.

Until then.

No comments: