Saturday, May 1, 2010

Hiking with the Hardesty's

We have had some bizarre weather, not completely unusual in CO, but man, I am really ready for summer! Anyhoo, Friday night Easton received in the mail a pair of binoculars from a dear friend BJ, she has ordered a magazine for Easton called "In Your Backyard" a magazine geared towards younger kiddo's from the Ranger Rick series...part of the subscription were these binoculars, and boy was he excited!! THANKS BEEJ!!!! So, back to Friday night...I thought, if the weather is descent tomorrow, perhaps we could go hiking?!?! I called my friend Esther and she & her boys thought that would be fun, and it was!! We headed out to Castlewood Canyon, had lunch and sure enough, HIKED! Easton & the boys did great! This was Easton's 2nd official hiking trip. I think this will be a new fun past time for he & I!


"I see you!"



"Three little monkey's sittin on a log..."


Apparently trail markers are known as "ducks"...who knew?!

Looking out over the ledge

No comments: